Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Crock-Pot Queso

Last Sunday I volunteered my husband and I to bring a dish to our church's potluck the following week.
We both attend school full time and work so it leaves us very little opportunity to volunteer our services so when the potluck comes around I always sign up to bring "The Dip". As a relocated Texan I have a deep love for queso. I do not discriminate I am an equal opportunity queso lover but Momma's Crock-Pot Queso will always  have a special place in my heart.
Ingredients
**Consider this more of a guide than a recipe**
  • 2 cans of Rotel
  • 1/2 lb pkg sausage (sometimes I sneak in a whole lb)
  • 1 pkg of cream cheese


These are the proportions Momma uses and the proportions I always default to but please play around with it add a can of Rotel (my version), subtract some cream cheese, or halve the sausage and see what you like best.
 I like to use Jimmy Dean's Hot but for this batch I went with Original to keep down the heat. Brown the sausage before tossing it in the crock pot.
 I was making this for a party so I used a "mild" and "original" Rotel as you never know who can't handle the heat. I personally love to use the Hot Rotel because I am just a spicy lovin kinda girl.

 Add in two bricks of cream cheese, crank on the heat, and let the magic happen.
Hubby and I ended up at the back of the pack and this is what was left for us. **Note to self: double for next potluck** I don't know who got the worst end of it me as I knew exactly what I was missing or my handsome hubby that still has not had Momma's dip as I neglected my wifely duty and did not put a bowl aside for him pre-horde of hungry churchgoers. Whoops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Follow Me on Pinterest