Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spinach Berry Smoothie

I know what your thinking, "you don't drink spinach", just try this recipe once and I promise you will not regret it!
INGREDIENTS:
This is a highly adaptable recipe do not feel the need to follow to a "T" experiment and enjoy!
2-3 C. Spinach leaves
2 C OJ (Use whatever brand you like or try some Almond Milk)
1 1/2 C Blueberries
1 1/2 C Strawberries
1 C yogurt (I use non-fat vanilla)
1 handful of Almonds
Blend to desired consistency add ice if/as needed. While writing this post I realized that I know these are healthy ingredients but I did not know why. So, I did some homework and here is what I came up with...
Blueberries come in at ~ 80 cal/cup, they are a great source for antioxidants and Vitamin C, not to mention some studies have shown cancer prevention benefits.
One cup of Strawberries contains over 100% of your Recommended Daily Allowance of Vitamin C. It is also a good source for antioxidants, fiber, and anti inflammatory benefits.
1 C of Spinach contains ~20% of your Recommended Daily Allowance for fiber and over 100% of your RDA for Vitamin A. It also aids with healthy skin and contains anti cancer properties.

Almonds lower cholesterol levels, prevent heart disease, and can help with weight loss.
Voila! There you have it, a delicious and nuritious breakfast on the go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Follow Me on Pinterest